If you hadn’t already noticed, smartphones and tablets have become ubiquitous in daily life – you’re just as likely to see someone pull out an iPad on the tube ride into work as a copy of The Times. And you can bet the chap with the tablet is less likely to annoy his fellow commuters than the one struggling with a large, noisy broadsheet.
So with all this portable gadgetry taking on such a starring role in people’s private lives, it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that we are pretty comfortable with the idea of integrating smart devices in the workplace.
Businesses and organisations are ramping up development of internal and external customer-facing mobile and tablet apps which are highly specific to their industry, rather than relying on off-the-shelf packages and old-school web-apps.
We’ve helped many software development and project management teams in a wide variety of sectors pick up the skills needed to understand and capture user requirements, create and test code, and develop and maintain a strategy for deploying Line of Business mobile apps for platforms such as Android and iOS (iPhone, iPad).
Through our custom mobile software development training sessions and consultancy activities, we’ve been involved with projects focussing on the development and deployment of Line of Business apps in areas such as:
- Sales & customer survey app for large event organiser (iPad)
- Knowledge Base front-end for major software house (iOS / iPhone / iPad)
- User Interface for roving customer reps for large CRM developer (Android)
- Business Intelligence dashboard for public sector organisation (iOS)
- GUI design and workflow for major Antivirus developer (Android)
Not everyone needs a mobile app for their business – there’s no point investing time and energy just for the sake of it. But if you are considering how your workforce and/or customers might benefit from native mobile apps with which to interact with you and your products or services, then we can help get the ball rolling, and keep it moving in the right direction.
Here are some courses you might want to check out –
- Convince to Convert: how better digital content will grow your business (Seminar / Overview)
- Mobile App Development Strategy (Seminar / Overview)
- iPhone / iPad / iOS 5 & iOS 6 App Development Training Course
- Android App Development Training Course
- Windows Phone App Development Training Course
- Java ME & Blackberry App Development Training Course
…our team of experienced mobile experts are also happy to help with consultancy services in all aspects of mobile app development and deployment, so please do get in touch if your project needs a kick-start or on-going guidance.
Scribbled by Tom